Monday 3 March 2008

To Infinity & Beyond!


Today I head out into tribal Africa on a Safari. I didn't sleep well last night. I woke having had a really vivid dream about my brother Paul & I was distressed. Not because I had dreamed of him - but because I could see him so clearly & his voice was no longer pained & I wanted to go on seeing him. And the theme was kind of typical him? He was worried about us all & wanted to know that we were all okay. So it was loosing the image of him that made me so very sad.

But a cup of tea & watching the beautiful African Sunrise - made me smile & so to I had to get ready for the day ahead. I have a full tank of petrol - a 3 hour drive - some cool water (No air conditioning - big mistake as it is 36 degrees here today) and most of all - I have the "brassiness" to venture on today's adventure with vigour.

Here goes?

Liberated of Leamington Spa!!

4 comments:

greekfreak said...

Yeia sou i fili mou [hello my friend]
Glad to see your finding some me time in your schedule. Whiz kids looks a great place and I'm sure your boundless enthusiasm will already be rubbing off and making a difference.
That mare looked beautiful Kate and you looked a lot drier than when we last rode together in Crete!!Clo and me getting ready for our week in Tenerife from 11th, not quite so grand as your trip but i'm desperate to feel the sun on my skin.Have a great safari but dont get too close to any lions-you'd make such a tasty snack!Catch you soon, love you xx

Anonymous said...

Short Lives On!!!!
XXXXXXX

Anonymous said...

Geez Kate it sounds amazing! Have a great safari. Eva xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate we have been following your efforts since you arrived, and we can see that a lot of work and attention is needed at the south african gov end.Its a vast problem and we are sure that the folk that you are trying to help all appreciate your attention and time taken to at least do something for to help.Take care see you soon. Kate and Roy.xxxxx